Monday 16 February 2015

Martyn Joseph Up Close and Amazing!


I was lucky enough to be a face in an intimate crowd listening to the thought provoking words of Martyn Joseph last night.

The gig was held in a village hall in Wiltshire, where Martyn gave a captivating performance.  In such a venue there is no place to hide, and it was incredible to see such a talented guitar player up so close.  It’s certainly an experience that will stay with me for some time to come.

I hold my hands up and admit that I wasn’t too familiar with his work before the performance, but my eyes are open to the strong messages he projects and the points he raises, with such power and feeling it was an awesome thing to witness, although I must say that I have rather a soft spot for the light-hearted number he played on the ukulele!

But that’s not where it ends, it is profoundly heart-warming to hear that Martyn has set up a charitable organisation called Let Yourself Trust (www.letyourself.net) where he brings awareness to “some very beautiful and life giving projects” in the UK and abroad.  He spoke passionately about the of the works of Project Somos (www.projectsomos.org) in Guatemala which his organisation has recently supported and raised a considerable amount towards.  The trust will now be working towards raising awareness and funds for Zac’s Place (www.zacsplace.org), a largely volunteer led organisation who offer a safe haven for vulnerable rough sleepers in Swansea.   

It’s not every day you come into contact with someone who promotes such compassion, but this man did, and I felt humbled as well as thoroughly entertained.

Thank you Martyn, you’re an inspiration.



Source of Image - www.martynjoseph.net/media/


No comments:

Post a Comment